Restorative practice (RP)
- Refers to an approach that promotes fair or just restorative outcomes, separate from the criminal justice system.
- RP are processes by which people can transform conflict into co-operation, and negotiate workable outcomes for themselves.
- RP allows fairer and more effective decisions making.
- RP can provide the opportunity to restore right relations and reset relationships.
- Fundamental principle; Do no further harm.
Through experience facilitating Restorative Engagement Conferences i.e. direct personal responses, for those who have experienced abuse, Shifting Sands have the expertise, knowledge and experience to use Restorative Engagement principles to underlie other processes e.g. Family Dispute Resolution, Parent-Adolescent Mediation, Elder Mediation.